Vision: Everyone has the opportunity and confidence to be ‘naturally active’ in order to improve their health and wellbeing.
Devon’s beautiful natural environment has huge potential for improving our health and wellbeing, however many groups of people have very limited access to the natural environment. ‘Naturally Healthy’ aims to work with these groups and champion Devon’s natural environment as a way of promoting health equality and improving health.
Get inspired and try something new:
- Places to go
- Naturally Healthy ideas
- Walking for Health and accessible trails
- Explore Devon website
- Read our Naturally Healthy Stories
Read more about the Naturally Healthy Devon Schools project in North and East Devon. The project is extending the work of Natural Connections, investigating the benefits of learning in natural environments. Take a look at the full report for the project and visit the pages for further information
May 2018 was Naturally Healthy month – See the events that were organised events for people to reap the physical and mental health benefits of being active outdoors!
Naturally Healthy Projects across Devon:
Active Devon supports the Walking for Health schemes in Devon. There are over 115 opportunities for people to join a health walk in Devon, and this important network helps over 3,000 people to get active and stay active.
Information for Partners:
- Visit the partner pages for more information about the Naturally Healthy initiative, how you can engage target audiences, Information on partner projects, key contacts, evidence and other documents and publications.
- Board lead: Dr Virginia Pearson, Devon’s Joint Executive Director of Public Health
- Executive lead: Hannah Colston – Hannah.Colston@activedevon.org – Active Devon