Naturally Healthy – How we’re working to achieve our vision
Vision: Everyone has the opportunity and confidence to be ‘naturally active’ in order to improve their health and wellbeing.
- Board lead: Dr Virginia Pearson, Devon’s Joint Executive Director of Public Health
- Naturally Healthy Working Group Executive Lead: Active Devon, Hannah Colston – Hannah.Colston@activedevon.org
- The creation of a Devon Naturally Healthy Working Group to bring people together to take this agenda forwards (if you would like to get involved please contact Hannah Colston).
- A Development Plan prepared and delivered by the Naturally Healthy Partner Organisations and managed via the Working Group
- Compacts signed in 2014 between Natural Devon and the Devon and Torbay Health and Wellbeing Boards.
- Delivering ‘Naturally Healthy’ workshops at key health and wellbeing conferences, including the Devon LNP annual conference and Devon Care Providers Conference.
- Organising the annual Naturally Healthy Campaigns and developing case studies
- Naturally Healthy Devon Schools project in North and East Devon. The project is extending the work of Natural Connections, investigating the benefits of learning in natural environments. Take a look at the full report for the project and visit the pages for further information
- A Naturally Healthy Scoping Report (2014) setting out the results of research looking at the barriers that people face in accessing Devon’s environment and a literature review of the benefits of being naturally healthy.
- A successful Naturally Healthy Scoping Report Workshop was held in November 2014 to promote the findings of the report. Presentations and notes can be found here. Key messages for providers from the report.
- Reconnecting People and Nature (2012)
Naturally Healthy Projects across Devon:
Dartmoor and Exmoor National Parks are both currently running projects which are exploring how the National Parks can be better used to improve physical and mental health. To find out more please contact the coordinators:
- Dartmoor Naturally Healthy Project – Chrissy Mason – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Moor to Enjoy, Exmoor National Park – email@example.com
Active Devon supports the Walking for Health schemes in Devon. There are over 115 opportunities for people to join a health walk in Devon, and this important network helps over 3,000 people to get active and stay active.