Wood for Good – Documents and Links
- Survey of Ash trees in Devon churchyards to monitor the spread of Ash Dieback disease – initiated by the Devon Living Churchyards Project.
- Advice note on Hedgerow trees and management produced by FWAG South West and the Devon Hedge Group.
- The Devon County Council Biomass Study was undertaken by the South West Energy Centre to identify lessons learnt from biomass support undertaken between 2012-2014, provide an overview of current support and interventions available, identify the main needs of business, produce a draft design for project(s) to support the biomass sector, and identify any other potential areas of support required.
- The Biomass Energy Centre – the UK government information centre for the use of biomass for energy in the UK.
- Confor South West (South West England) and (National) – the Confederation of Forest Industries is the voice of the UK’s forest industries promoting sustainable forestry and low-carbon businesses.
- Devon Hedge Group – a forum of organisations and individuals interested in working together to promote the appreciation and conservation of hedges found across the county
- Wood Heat Association A group of wood heat companies from the fuel supply chain and installer base have come together to establish a single trade body to represent this growing industry. The founding Directors include Sam Whatmore of Devon-based Forest Fuels.
- Recent publications from the South Devon Woodfuel Hub include this Hedges for Heat factsheet. The aim of this factsheet is to stimulate more interest in biomass from hedges and small woodlands.